Support the Annual Fund
When you make a tax-deductible donation to support our Annual Fund, your contribution helps us continue our work to restore and protect this inspired and inspiring National Historic Landmark.
November 29 is #GivingTuesday. Your support on this day will support our Annual Fund and our ability to continue ongoing building restoration. Restoration here at the Village is complex given both the number of original Shaker buildings on our property (26) and their age. Your support helps us not just preserve them, but continue to inspire visitors from around the globe with the Shaker story.
We recently installed new roofs on the Enfield House, Sister’s Shop, and Schoolhouse. We completed new clapboard siding on the west side of the Schoolhouse and installed a new fence on Shaker Road. We implemented a new fire suppression system and installed new filters to comply with new water testing requirements.
A gift of any size has a real impact for the more than 20,000 guests who visit Canterbury Shaker Village each year. Here is how your gift makes a difference:
- $25 supports two students taking a guided tour
- $100 supports the Artist-in-Residency Program
- $250 restores a ten-foot portion of the fence along Shaker Road
- $500 supports a youth scholarship in the STEM summer program
- $750 fully restores one historic window on one of the Village buildings